My girl is 5 months!
>> Monday, September 27, 2010
I cannot believe it... These 5 months have gone by so quickly and we are doing our best to keep up! I find it hard to believe it has already been 5 months and yet has only been 5 months... This is what she is up to and what we love about her:
1. Our sweet girl has changed us - for the better! Now, more than ever, we are a team. Whether we are giving Gray a bath or changing a funky diaper, we are in it together. Being a family of three has made life simpler and more complicated at the same time, but we are thankful for every minute we have!
2. She smacks her gums together like she is chewing now that she has a tooth. It is quite a site and every time she does this we crack up. It makes me excited to give her solids and see her reaction!
3. Gray loves her bath! She has started to splash and play with her toys when she is taking a bath. Just the other night, I was done giving Gray a bath, but she was apparently not done because she got upset when I took her out of the bath to dry her off. She was having so much fun that she was not ready to get out just yet!
4. She loves Bubba and Mia. She loves to watch them and often laughs at Mia when she barks and plays. I joke that Kevin is Gray's favorite person, but I actually think it might be Mia!
5. Gray is independent, but enjoys our company as well. I love that Gray can play on her own for as long as we let her, but she also really enjoys play time with us (especially her daddy).
6. She is observant. When we go to the park, she loves to just look around at her surroundings and just take it all in. It makes me wonder what she is thinking and I look forward to the day that she can tell me.
7. She loves to be cuddled and held and I hope she always does!
8. I love Gray's bedtime routine. We give her a bath and then dry off her sweet smelling head and between her rolls. Then we put her diaper and footed pajamas on her. I feed her, we read her a few stories, sing her a song and say a prayer. Next I kiss her head, tell her I love her and to have sweet dreams and she is usually asleep within a few minutes of being placed in her crib.
9. She has learned a new move. She flaps her arms up and down in excitement! It is really cute to see - especially the expression on her face!
10. I love that she still gets everything she needs from me. But, this is the last month before she starts solids. I have mixed emotions because on one hand, I cannot wait to give her new foods to try, but on the other hand it makes me sad that she will not need me as much as she does now. To me it is a big change and I will embrace it when the time comes, but I will enjoy these last few weeks I have before she graduates to the next phase of her life...
There is so much to look forward to, but I have really enjoyed these past 5 months more than I ever thought possible. As with all things, I will do my best to live in the moment and appreciate Gray in the present. But that doesn't mean I won't gaze longingly at her newborn pictures or anticipate her being able to have a conversation with me...





0 comments:
Post a Comment