Gray is 4 Months Old!

>> Sunday, September 12, 2010

So, I know I am a little behind, but our baby girl is 4 months old and bringing us so much joy! Here is why:

1. She wakes up in her crib and may fuss a bit to let us know she is awake, but as soon as one of us walks in she has the biggest smile on her face as if she misses us as much as we miss her when she sleeps. Plus, no baby has ever looked cuter than she does in footie pajamas! (Pictures below - there are a bunch because I had a hard time narrowing it down to my favorites!)

2. She puts a smile on the face of anybody and everybody she meets. Whether it is a complete stranger, family member or friend, they simply cannot resist responding to her with a grin or giggle. Her sweet disposition is contagious.

3. When she nurses, she like to stroke my face gently and smile at me. Sometimes I even "bite" her little fingers and she begins to giggle. I should really let Kevin feed her more often to experience this, but I guess I am a bit greedy.

4. She is reaching for and grabbing everything (including my hair). When she goes to sleep in her crib I usually wind up her musical giraffe and it plays a lullaby as she drifts off, but she is now reaching for the giraffe like she wants it to cuddle.

5. Gray is a BUSY girl! I am not sure how I will fare once she is crawling or walking, but I have already begun to brace myself. She was sitting in her Bumbo seat while I was cleaning out the pantry this weekend and the tea boxes I placed near her were quickly knocked to the floor along with the toys with which she was playing.

6. You never know just where she will be in her crib when you go in to get her. She rolls, twist scoots and it is always a surprise to find her facing the opposite direction from where she was laid down.

7. She is a daddy's girl. In her book, he can do no wrong. She laughs at him all the time and smiles whenever he comes near. I love to see them together - I melt. I always knew he would be a wonderful father, but I am afraid she is never going to be able to date, let alone get married someday!

8. She is a talker... Which can get looks from people when we are out and about, but at home we think it is just her way of expressing herself. Next lesson - volume control!

9. She is sitting up pretty well on her own. She is growing and changing so quickly, but we enjoy celebrating her milestones. At times, I long for my tiny newborn again, but I know that she is healthy and that I must soak in each moment that we spend together.

10. Her personality is coming out more and more each day. She is so much fun and we are so blessed to be her mommy and daddy.

0 comments: